Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Events

This entire week has been singularly uneventful. I was not called to sub once. I did not work at Coldstone all week. My man worked all day every day. The only times of interest were when I went out with V on Monday and Tuesday.

This weekend hasn't been too bad, though. Saturday, V took about 100 pictures (no exaggeration) of me. She's a photography major, and one of her finals is to take some portraits of people. So we spent nearly an hour outside, trying to work with the light changing and the camera adjusting before every picture. Sometimes, the sun would be out and I would make funny faces when she took the picture because the light was hurting my eyes (when she emails them to me, I'll put up a few). Other times, the sun was hidden behind cloud cover and the pictures were too dark to see. Kitty was outside at the time, and I caught her climbing a tree. She had a hard time getting out of it; she fell rather ungracefully on some stone. Her tail was in one picture. She scared us a few times, running away from things too little for our eyes.

That night, my baby and I went to see Wolverine. We loved it (even though we had to sit in the front row because the theater was so crowded). I would recommend going to see it. I love the X-Men movies, and Wolverine is one of my favorite characters, so I loved learning his story. And if you read my Australia post, you should already know my views on Hugh Jackman...

Last night, we had an awfully loud thunderstorm. It woke us up in the middle of the night and the thunder was almost scary. It made a lot of different sounding noises. I'm used to that boom it always makes, but last night it was making crackle-booms and all kinds of other sounds. Apparently, we're supposed to have more tonight...

After work today, we went next door to my darling's parent's house where his mother had dinner for us. She made the most amazing veggie burgers! His parents are vegetarians too; he's a carnivore. They were much better than the usual Morning Star brand. She even had guacamole spread to go with it. I've never had guacamole on a burger, but I like the way it tastes.

So that was my weekend! I only have 20 pages left of The Fellowship of the Ring. I might even finish it tonight. I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment