Friday, May 8, 2009

My Whining Blog

The love of my life signed up for the Army Reserve today. He leaves for boot camp May 26th. 18 days. He'll be gone for 6 months.

He's been talking about joining some branch of the military for about the past two months, so I've been mentally preparing myself for it for that long. Both of my parents were in the military, so I've experienced the military life, but it's an entirely different prospect when the man you love is going in. I am really going to miss him. I had to be away from him for nearly 4 months while I was in Florida finishing a semester of school. This is longer. The only bright side is I might get to see him a couple of times. His actual boot camp ends in August, then he goes to San Antonio for additional training. I'll get to see him at his graduation, and hopefully get to visit when he goes for the extra training.

It's going to be hard without him. He won't be here to keep me warm when it turns cold; he won't be able to bring me with him to awful movies that he'll like; I won't be able to force him to see New Moon with me when it comes out; he's going to miss my birthday; no double dates with V and her guy. I won't even really get to talk to him much. I'm hoping he'll write me letters fairly often; I know I'll be writing him.

I guess I'll have school and work to keep me occupied. Summer might be the hardest, because I'll have more free time. But his family will be here to help me, and I have friends to get me through it. Hopefully that will help it go by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment