Friday, May 1, 2009

All Grown Up

I went to the doctor today for the first time all by myself. I got lost in the hospital all by myself. I got blood drawn for the first time all by myself (that one's really big because I abhor needles). I lost my car all by myself. It was a day of doing things alone. I'm all grown up now! I kind of hated it...

Anyway, remember how I was sick and couldn't do anything all day because I was nauseous? Since that was something that has happened pretty frequently, I thought I should get an official opinion on why it keeps happening. I formed a theory about 2 weeks ago: I got worms from my cat. Lovely. I told the doctor this, described what had been happening, and she agreed with me. She gave me the prescription to get rid of them, but warned me not to take it until I got the cat dewormed. Otherwise, I would just get it again.

And then! She told me that I needed to have blood drawn. I didn't think I would need that, so I didn't ask anyone to come with me. I have never not had someone to hold my hand before, and I haven't had blood drawn since I was eleven or twelve. She said I could come back and have it done when I had someone with me, but I said I would brave it on my own. It was easier than having to come back anyway. Well, I survived to tell the tale. The nurse was nice and gave me tissues for the tears when it was over.

Oh and I might be a little anemic. I'm a vegetarian, so I expected that one. I guess I'll get the lab results on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment