Monday, May 25, 2009

Six Flags Weekend

V, V's guy, my guy, and I all went to Six Flags this weekend. My baby and I left early Saturday morning and spent the day at Six Flags until around four o'clock. It was supposed to thunderstorm, but it didn't, which I am very happy about. The clouds even cleared and it turned sunny early in the day. I kept worrying about my sunglasses flying off my face on the rollercoasters. It was a pretty great day: I almost blacked out on the Titan, bought some ridiculously expensive french fries (they should really get a vegetarian stand at Six Flags), and tortured my feet with hours of walking.

Then I walked some more. Because after four o'clock, my baby was so sweet as to indulge my shopping tendencies. We went to the Galleria, a three story shopoholic dream with an ice skating rink. He and I shopped by ourselves until V and her guy got there around 6:30. I bought a bathing suit for 11 dollars. 11 dollars!!! Women, you know what a miracle that is. It was on super sale. Then I bought the most divine drink from Godiva. Who knew Godiva had drinks? It was a dark chocolate raspberry drink. I don't know what was in it besides dark chocolate and raspberry sauce, but it was amazing. And a decent price: only 5 dollars. I wish there was a Godiva store here. I would so get fat off of those drinks. Then I bought a beautiful pair of white summer heels from Payless. I was looking for a summer dress, but I couldn't find one I liked. V and I tried on the same dress. It was short, strapless, and made for people who do not have wide hips and shoulders. I couldn't get it off. Very embarrassing. My guy had to come in the dressing room and help me. I repeat: very embarrassing.

The next day at Six Flags,it was also supposed to thunderstorm, but we only got a few drops. If anything, it was sunnier than the day before, and I have the sunburn to prove it. We did most of the rides again (except I didn't ride the Titan again; I didn't like that whole almost-blacking-out thing), and they all rode Superman. It's not my kind of thing; too high, too much stomach fluttering. We all rode the Roarin' Rapids, and we sat on opposite sides of the boat to see who would get more wet. At every single bump of the rapids, V and her guy got soaked. V's hair got soaked, which was a disaster, because she straightened it. My shorts got wet because I sat down on a wet seat. That was the extent of the damage to me.

We left the park around 4:30 (after walking around the entire thing once more so we could find a certain kind of candy that was only at one store in the entire park). I was ready to get home. All that walking made me sleepy. As soon as I have the energy to put the pictures on the computer, I will post some.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy that you all had that time together. Those are the times you never forget. Time flies by VERY quickly. And all you really get to keep in life are your memories.

    Good that you took a camera along, too. Pictures always help jog the old gray matter...

    ReplyDelete