Monday, June 8, 2009

Update

I haven't written in a few days. I've been busy trying to keep my mind occupied so I won't be so sad thinking about my absent darling. I finally got his address, so I can send him letters now, but it doesn't make up for him being gone. I noticed this weekend that weekends are the hardest. I don't have school to concentrate on, and nothing else really to do, so missing him is a constant.

However, I did celebrate my 21st birthday on Saturday. V was at a motorcycle class all day, so I went to work. After she got done, her, her guy, and I went to Ruby Tuesday to have dinner, and I ordered my first drink. It was pretty tasty. I didn't really know what to do after that, because I'm not really a partier, so we just came back home and watched tv until I decided to go to sleep. Very exciting night. My darling's mother brought over some Hello Dolly's for me. I decided those are my favorite dessert. How can you pass up coconut and pecans and chocolate chips all mixed together on top of pie crust with sweetened condensed milk poured over it? You can't. Trust me.

I took my first Biology test on Friday. I got a 90. I wish I had done better, but I'm okay with what I got. I'm not sure how the next test will go, though. It has a bunch of formulas like C6H12O6 (the formula for glucose) and acetyl Co A (still not sure exactly what that is). It's all about bodily processes like digestion and circulation, and it's all so complicated. I don't like it. I'm also mildly worried about my first Linguistics test on Wednesday. I keep getting Object Compliments confused with Direct Objects. Grammar is not my favorite part of English, but it will be useful when I actually have to teach it.

Well, I guess I'm off to hit the books...

No comments:

Post a Comment