Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catch Up #2: Picky Customers

I went into work yesterday and manager #2 said someone complained about one of my cakes. So I asked what the person said.

1. There were no sprinkles around the edges of the cake. So I looked at the order form and I told her that whoever took the order did not check 'sprinkles.'

2. The girl whose cake it was is allergic to chocolate, and I put kit kats on the cake. I looked at the order form and 'kit kats' was checked.

3. For her cupcakes, she said they seemed kind of smaller than they usually are. That was because all of thes coopers ere broken, and it was hard to fill the cups with spades.

4. The customer wanted lime green icing on the cupcakes, and I had put light green. I looked at the order form again and guess what it said: light green.

So none of these problems was my fault. This next complaint, I had a problem with:

5. The writing on the cake was too thick.

Really?

Too thick.

I was just a little bit outraged. Who complains about writing that is too thick? It was perfectly legible, very pretty cursive handwriting (if I do say so myself), but it was too thick. I could not get over this complaint for the rest of the night.

So anyway. Manager #2 and I fixed everything with the woman rushing us as we tried to finish, saying she was in a hurry and she needed to go. So manager #2 brought her cake and cupcakes out to the front, and the customer dropped the cupcakes.

So manager #2 brought them back, and added some sprinkles and put them in a new container. She didn't even try to fix the frosting. She was ready for this woman to leave, and I don't blame her. So the woman left. End of story.

Or so you think.

Manager #2 gets a phone call 10 minutes later. "My cake is melting!" Well yeah. Duh. We had it out for 10 minutes trying to get it fixed to her liking, and then she was rushing us and she took it and left. She said, "Well I could have come back at 6 if I had known it was going to melt." That would have been nice to know while she was rushing us to get it done! So she decided she would bring it back for a refund because her "party was ruined!"

What a wonderful night at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment