Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catch Up #1

So it's been a while since I've written...over two weeks. It's hard to write without my boyfriend here; I just haven't felt like it. So I'm going to play a little game of catch up with a few blogs.

My first two LSUS classes are over and done. Biology, I'm not gonna lie, was mostly boring. We learned mostly about the functions of the human body, and I wanted biology, not anatomy. We barely got into genetics at all, and that's what I was looking forward to most. I did okay on the tests, mostly low 90s. I don't know about the final test yet, but I'm hoping that I got an A so that I will have an A in the class.

Linguistics was great! At first we were learning how to identify different parts of sentences and things like that, but then we got into the history of the language and language across cultures and genders. It was very interesting, but that's for another blog. I wrote my Flowers for Algernon paper and got a 97 on it! I was thrilled about that. I know I have an A in the class, and that makes me happy.

Now I'm taking an Astronomy class. I don't know what to think about it. I haven't come to a firm conclusion about whether the professor will be interesting or not. The class involves some math-specifically memorizing formulas. I'm not happy about that. But hopefully the rest of it will be okay. And hopefully it will go by quickly. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment