Saturday, June 13, 2009

Letters from Bootcamp

I've gotten two letters from my wonderful man in boot camp! They came pretty closely together, too. I wasn't really sure if he would write me or not, but he's doing a pretty good job of it so far. Every single day I check the mailbox at least twice, just to make sure that I don't miss any scraps of paper that could possibly be from him. And my fingers have come to know the inside of that mailbox very intimately because I reach into every corner to check for a letter. I love hearing from him. I want to know everything that's going on, but I know he doesn't have time to write that much. He told me that things are pretty tough for him. There's a lot of work, and he's probably worn out at the end of the day. He's only getting 2 minute showers, and that's tough on him, too. He likes to spend a lot of time in the shower.

I've sent him a letter every day. They're usually pretty long letters. I even sent him some pictures of Kitty's bath. I don't know if he has time to read them, though. I also don't know if he's gotten any of them yet... He gave us the wrong address. It's mostly right, but he spelled the street name wrong and gave us the wrong number for the building. I suppose he'll get them eventually. They'll be all out of order, but I guess that's okay. At least he'll have them, and he'll know that I'm thinking about him.

3 comments:

  1. He WILL get them...and he already knows that you are thinking about him.

    "Two minute showers?" Mwahahahahahahahaha

    Guess I should have put a shut-off timer on his water a long, long time ago.

    Two minutes...nyuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time the first thing you fill out is a post locator card when you go to a new training center. He should be getting his mail, it is probably more a time to read it. Isn't it great that he is tired at the end of the day? Shows that he can do more than he thought. MUD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I now your pain doll face. It is so hard being away from the man that you cherish so much. Take it from me, if you can survive this time you will never regret a day apart. Contine to write him as much as your heart desires because trust me it all means the world to him. When I would send all sorts of stuff to my man in Spain I used to wonder if he really cared, so I stopped for a little while when i got really busy with school and he asked me what happened. I immediately felt it in my heart and i knew it meant the world to him. They want to feel like they are back at home as much as possible. So yea, pics of the kitty count too! lol

    Haa haa how funny 2 min showers!! I would die! Poor thing.

    Be strong and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete