Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Crawfish Night

For the first time in my life, I watched people eating crawfish. I went out to dinner with V, her guy, and his family, and they ate crawfish. They couldn't believe I had never seen anyone peel crawfish, but it's true. It was a whole new (and messy) experience. Even though I'm a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish, I tried half of one just to see what it tastes like. It wasn't worth giving up vegetarianism. V peeled it for me, because I didn't want to touch it. Then, they told me that they throw crawfish in the boiling water when they're still alive! I was kind of upset about it. It made me feel bad. I didn't like it. So no more crawfish for me.

1 comment:

  1. Amor, I've been in LA a looooooooooong time, and never developed a taste for the mudbug myself.

    Shrimp yes, dirt-dwellers, nope.

    ReplyDelete