Monday, April 6, 2009

Chapter One

The title of my blog comes from Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Amor Vincit Omnia is Latin for "Love Conquers All." In case that doesn't give you a clue, I love to read. I like to challenge myself to read not only novels and stories that I'm likely to enjoy, but also essays and criticism that I'm not entirely positive I can wade through. For example, at the moment I'm reading A Vindication of the Rights of Women, by Mary Wollstonecraft (you might better remember her daughter, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, the author of Frankenstein). Be warned: This won't be the last time I write about books...

The last blog I wrote can be found here: http://blogs.lynn.edu/anopenbook/ I wrote about college life in Florida and all the craziness that entails. I have since moved to the great boot state of Louisiana, so hopefully, this new blog will have an even wider range of topics.

I live with the love of my life and our demon cat who will only drink out of the faucet. We very inventively dubbed her Kitty. I have two jobs: one that I hate, one that I love, Coldstone Creamery and substitute teaching, respectively. I took a semester off college when I moved here, so I start again in the summer. I can't wait. For the first time since I was five, I'm not in school, and I miss it. I want to be back in the classroom and soaking up knowledge like a ShamWow.

I have this disease called adult-ism, and it came on fast. My life is just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment