Monday, April 6, 2009

I Think I Killed It...

I've been wanting a houseplant for a while. It always seems like homes have plants in them, usually ivys. Grow up, get a place, get a plant. Seemed logical enough to me. So I wanted to get a plant to pretty up my place. I told the love of my life's mother, and she, with her green thumb, grew a little ivy for me. I put it in (what I like to call) my library. I watered it, gave it plenty of sunlight (didn't quite decide to talk to it), and my ivy was thriving. Then we bought the demon cat. I noticed one day that my ivy was missing some leaves, and some dirt was on the floor. I didn't think the dirt had jumped out of the basket, and when I saw Kitty chewing on the leaves, I knew exactly who to blame. So, for the protection of the plant, I placed it outside in the backyard.

Problem #1: Temperatures have, a couple of times, dropped to freezing since then.

Problem #2: Out of sight, out of mind: I forget to water my poor ivy sometimes.

Problem #3: We now let Kitty outside sometimes during the day. She rediscovered the plant.

With all of these problems combined, I'm pretty sure my plant is dead. Or dying. Giving its last gasps of life.

I was going to put up a picture as proof, but apparently my camera died, too...

And that reminds me; my week and a half old phone is on the verge of death. I swear I only dropped it once!

No comments:

Post a Comment