Thursday, April 23, 2009

It Was Supposed To Be...

Today was going to be a very busy day.

First, wake up at 6 am and substitute. Instead of the usual 3 classes with one block off, I was supposed to sub all four blocks, but for two different teachers. One of the teachers had lunch duty, so I didn't have time to eat lunch.

School gets out at 2:30, and I had set up a 3:30 appointment with my advisor to discuss my transcripts and what classes I should start taking in the summer. I have been trying to meet with him for two days in a row, plus twice before then. We finally made an appointment so that I wouldn't have to make another wasted 20 minute drive.

At 4:00, I was supposed to be at work in Coldstone. Since I didn't know what time I was supposed to work until after I had made the appointment with my advisor, my manager generously told me it was alright if I kept the appointment.

My busy day was all destroyed when I started feeling nauseas around the end of 3rd block. I had to call the secretary and tell her that the sub needed a sub, and I felt awful about it. This wasn't the first time it happened. I'm sick. Dunno why, but unfortunately, I need to make a doctor's appointment to find out (I don't like going to the doctor). This abominable nausea is interrupting my life. I have had to leave both jobs because of feeling sick, and let me tell you, it's not fun.

Being sick is when I think I miss my mom the most. She's not around to make me soup and tea and clean up after me when I can't make it to the bathroom in time (fortunately, I have made it every time I needed to so far!). Adult-itis is no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment