Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Day in the Life of the Substitute

So I had to wake up entirely too early this morning so I could go and sub at a high school. It was for an English teacher, so I got to help students with things like "Young Goodman Brown" and American Romanticism. Anyway, since I knew this teacher had 3rd block off, I didn't bring lunch with me. I was planning on going home to eat lunch. Naturally, things didn't work out the way I had planned. One teacher needed a sub for just 3rd block.... Lunch was out.

Turns out, though, I knew this teacher who only needed a sub for 3rd block. He looked familiar, so I asked him, "Did you sub or something for Mrs. Teacher at R. Middle School?" He said, "I student taught for Mrs. Teacher." I told him, "I was totally in her class and you were the student teacher!" He replied, "Wow. You're making me feel old..." The reason I remembered him so well is because he was the first man I had ever known who had a white patch of hair on his head. Very memorable to a 12 year old.

When the day was over, as soon as that 2:30 bell ring, I was ready to get home and fill my stomach! So naturally there was a train at the end of the street blocking me from getting off campus. My poor belly was rumbling like the stupid train blocking me from my food!

No comments:

Post a Comment