Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Almost Got Run Over Today...

...by a golf cart.

This could have been me:


My wonderful man was doing this crazy thing with his truck (he chopped the top off and it's a convertible truck now...I still have misgivings about it) at his best friend's house.

*His best friend's girlfriend also happens to be my best friend (very convenient, since I have to see her all the time. Our boyfriends can't seem to live without each other).

Anyway, the boys were working on my darling's truck, so us girls decided we needed something to do, namely shopping. My friend (we'll call her V) needed to go into her boyfriend's house and get something, and thought she would take one of the golfcarts (his dad fixes them, so there are a few in his backyard). After about five minutes of putting her foot on the gas and pushing levers up and down and sideways, she couldn't get it to work. So she called me over...not that I could do anything because I don't know how to work a golf cart. I start walking toward her, in front of the golf cart as fate would have it, and she gives the gas one more firm try, and the golf cart finally responds. It leaps forward, and I dash out of the way just in time to avoid leaving V with a week of hospital bills. I know she was grateful for my swiftness, and she's not the only one...

1 comment:

  1. Tell "V" that I love her, but if she hurts YOU...she is no longer my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete