Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bathroom: Out of Service

About a week ago, a friend was using the bathroom in my house. When he came out, he asked, "What is all that death in the bathtub?" Confused, my darling and I looked at him, and asked what he was talking about. We followed him to the bathroom and he pointed out the death; or rather, the black gunk that had risen through the pipes to fill the tub.

We called a plumber, and he came out the next day, checked the pipes, and declared that one was broken. It turns out, our dishwasher had backed up into the bathtub. The solution: Tear out the bathtub (which would include ripping out the toilet, probably the sink, and probably the wall). Then, we would have to put everything back in. Very pricey.

However, my darling's father presented another solution after our landowner came by: we (and by 'we' I mean my darling and his father) could dig under the bathroom and fix it our (their) selves. So there is a humongous hole in our front yard that my wonderful man has been working on the past two days. Hopefully, we'll be able to use our own shower again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment